- What is a Doula?
- The Role of a Doula - What a Doula Does and Doesn't Do
- Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of a Doula
- DONA Certification Overview
- Prenatal Contact and Interviewing
- Birth Plan Preparation
- Emotional Support in Labor and Birth
- Physical Support in Labor and Birth
- Physical and Emotional Comfort Measures including: Hydrotherapy, Positioning, Counterpressure, Use of Hot and Cold, Massage, Acupressure, etc.
- How to Support Difficult Labors
- How to Help Facilitate Rotation and Descent of Posterior or Asynclitic Babies
- Epidurals and Other Medications
- How to Support Women Utilizing Pharmacological Pain Relief
- How to Facilitate Partner Support
- Cesarean Sections
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean
- What is the Ideal Birth Experience?
- Breastfeeding Initial Latch
- Immediate Postpartum Support
- Processing the Birth Experience with the Mother
- Labor and Birth Scenarios and Practice
June 17 and 18, 2016
June 21, 2016
November 18 and 19, 2016
Looking for doula services?